• Submissions must be accompanied by a submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed entry form
• Submissions must be the original work of the entrant(s).
• Neither Austin WebFest nor its jurors investigates or attests to the authenticity of an entrant’s statement of ownership, authorship, or rights.
• Austin WebFest will accept scripted and already filmed scripts, but each will require separate payment and application.
• If a submission involves two or more writers as applicants, any potential monetary prize and/or any reimbursements will be divided equally between/among them and only one Award will be provided.
• Awards are based on overall merit of the entries. Judges score based on many factors.
• Entrants that reach the second round will be asked to provide subsequent episode(s) or treatment(s) for subsequent episodes.**
• Please DO NOT submit multiple episodes of the same series. Should you reach the second round, Austin WebFest will request subsequent episodes or treatments. **See Above
Regular Entry (September 15th – Dec 31st, 2016): $30
Late Entry (January 1st 2017 – March 15th, 2017): $40
* All content submitters must be 18 years of age or older.
* One all-access badge will be provided to each series submitter, other participants must purchase badges on our website.
* Submissions must be the intellectual property of the submitter, and/or their team. No proxy submissions.
* Payment and entry form must BOTH be submitted. Allowances will not be given for those who submit the entry form without payment.
* If we have NOT received your payment, you are NOT entered.
* One festival pass will be given per entry to the Creator or representative of the series. All other passes must be purchased. One discount pass will be made available to entrants guest.
* Any submissions that have not sent payment within 24 hours, will be deleted.
* Applicant can submit 1 scripted episodes, totaling no more than 30 pages in length.
* Each script must be submitted as part of the same PDF file.
* The Digital Series Script Competition is only open to writers who do not earn a living writing for film or television.
* Digital Series scripts must not have been optioned or sold prior to September 15, 2016.
* Scripts that have previously advanced to the second round and beyond within the Digital Series Script Competition are not eligible for submission.
* No revisions or missing pages will be accepted once entry has been received.
* We suggest that entrants register or copyright their screenplays with the Writers Guild of America.
* FORMAT: * Digital series scripts must be 3-30 pages in length.
* Scripts should be formatted according to current industry standards.
* Font size must be 12 point and in Courier type.
* Pages must be numbered in the top right-hand corner.
* Scripts must be in PDF format under 5MB.
* Only the TITLE of the screenplay should appear on the front cover page.
* The author’s name must not appear anywhere in the script in order to preserve anonymity in the judging process.
Horror / Suspense / Thriller
Sci-Fi / Fantasy
Non-Fiction / Documentary
* Festival applicants must accept all decisions made by the Austin WebFest team. Decisions are final.
* All federal, local and state laws apply.
* Entry void where prohibited by law.
* By participating in Austin WebFest, each participant agrees to release and hold Austin WebFest and the employees, directors and representatives of the Austin WebFest, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the event or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
* By submitting, you are agreeing that you own or are authorized to use all the rights to both the music and video(s) contained in your web series.
* Austin WebFest will not be held responsible for any claims stemming from not having the rights to the material you submit and/or screen.
* You agree for us to use the name of your web series and potentially clips for awards presentations, highlight reels, and promotional material.
* Screenings and prizes are subject to change at any time.
* If award recipient is not on hand to receive trophy, they are solely responsible for any and all shipment costs of receiving the trophy from Austin WebFest.
* By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Austin WebFest, which shall be final.
* Rules subject to change without notice.
**BACK TO SUBMISSION PAGE**