* Youth(s) involvement in series may be Cast/Crew or both. Youth(s) MUST be between 5-18 years old.
* Submissions and payment will be available on the SUBMIT page beginning October 15, 2016.
* Entry fees are nonrefundable. Refunds will not be issued for any reason.
* NO web series substitutions (i.e., switching out a previously submitted web series with another web series you produce) will be considered after entry. NO EXCEPTIONS
******* NO EPISODE substitutions (i.e., switching out a previously submitted EPISODE with another EPISODE not previously submitted) will be considered after submission. NO EXCEPTIONS *******
* Submissions will be viewed via online link (YouTube/Vimeo, etc.).
* DO NOT send DVDs. If you are selected, we will advise you as to your next steps per providing us with an episode file.
* Private links are acceptable to submit to us. If they require a password to view, please make sure to provide us with the relevant password(s).
Early Entry (Oct 15th – Dec 15th, 2016): $15
Regular Entry (Dec 16th– Feb 28th, 2017): $20
Late Entry (March 1st- March 31st 2017): $25
* All content submitters must be 18 years of age or older. However, Cast/Crew may be younger.
* Submissions must be the intellectual property of the submitter, and/or their team. No proxy submissions.
* Payment and entry form must BOTH be submitted. Allowances will not be given for those who submit the entry form without payment.
* If we have NOT received your payment, you are NOT entered and wil be notiified.
* One festival pass will be given per entry to the Creator or representative of the series. All other passes must be purchased. One discount pass will be made available to submitter's guest.
* Submission must have at least TWO (2) produced episodes available to view at time of entry.
* Any submission with only ONE (1) produced episode is ineligible.
* Each SUBMITTED Episode should be not be longer than 22 minutes in length, including credits, nor shorter than 1 minute.
* As long as you have two episodes that are between 1 and 22 minutes (with credits) you can submit your series to Austin Webfest. You MUST submit only two episodes that fit the guidelines.
* You will be asked to classify your web series under a genre category. We will review your submission to make sure that it is classified correctly (i.e. saying your horror series is actually a comedy).
* Please choose the genre that best represents your series. Genres include:
Horror / Suspense / Thriller
Sci-Fi / Fantasy
Non-Fiction / Documentary
* We will contact you if we have any clarification questions.
* Employees or agents of Austin WebFest and their immediate families, or those persons living in the same household of such individuals are ineligible to receive any awards, but may be screened.
* Entries that are not originally in English, must either be dubbed in English or have English subtitles.
* In order to comply with ADA Standards Austin WebFest must ask that ALL series have English Subtitles. * Austin WebFest reserves the right to amend selection criteria.
* Festival applicants must accept all decisions made by the Austin WebFest team. Decisions are final.
* All federal, local and state laws apply.
* Entry void where prohibited by law.
* By participating in the Austin WebFest, each participant agrees to release and hold Austin WebFest and the employees, directors and representatives of the Austin WebFest, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the event or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
* By submitting, you are agreeing that you own or are authorized to use all the rights to both the music and video(s) contained in your web series.
* Austin WebFest will not be held responsible for any claims stemming from not having the rights to the material you submit and/or screen.
* You agree for us to use the name of your web series and potentially clips for awards presentations, highlight reels, and promotional material.
* Screenings and prizes are subject to change at any time.
* If award recipient is not on hand to receive trophy, they are solely responsible for any and all shipment costs of receiving the trophy from Austin WebFest.
* By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Austin WebFest, which shall be final.
* Rules subject to change without notice.